Saturday, April 17, 2010

Whats up with me?

I haven't posted in a few days because Ive been really sick. Thursday night we went to the ball park to watch Michael( a boy I watch in the evenings) play baseball and I started hurting while we were there.

I took some medicine when I got home but didn't help at all. I woke up at 2 am crying because my right side was hurting so bad that I had to go to the Emergency room. They ran test on me all morning and I wasn't discharged until 6am. They said I had a very bad UTI which doesn't surprise me. I have been going to the urology clinic for about a year now because I have tons of kidney problems. Two months ago I was diagnosed with cystinuria and I'm sick almost every month.

Cystinuria is an autosomal recessive disorder, so you must inherit the faulty gene from both parents in order to have symptoms.

Cystinuria is caused by too much of an amino acid called cystine in the urine. After entering the kidneys, most cystine normally dissolves and goes back into the bloodstream. But people with cystinuria have a genetic defect that interferes with this process. As a result, cystine builds up in the urine and forms crystals or stones, which may get stuck in the kidneys, ureters, or bladder.

In December, I had Surgery to remove a huge mass of stones in my left kidney. Before that they went in and put a stint in because i wasn't even using my left kidney because the stones were blocking it. I go next month for them to remove some more stones. Its not curable! I just hate that it make me really sick.

No comments: